Home > Practice Areas > Child Custody
Protecting Your Rights As A Parent
When it comes to protecting your rights as a parent, no legal issue is more important, sensitive and emotionally charged than deciding custody of your child. When the relationship between parents has taken a downward turn, trust in the Law Offices of Daniel J. Earnshaw in Harford, Maryland to guide and represent you during this difficult time.
Compassion Is Our Promise
We commit to handle the delicate nature of your custody case with compassion and resolve matters amicably. With over 30 years of experience serving families in Harford County, we understand the complexity of family law in Maryland and have the expertise needed to get the best outcomes for your family.
As we work together to you build your case, we will determine your goals and work out all you concerns that could affect child custody, including:
- Visitation schedules and needs for the parents and child.
- Child support
- Financial arrangements for the child’s education
- Logistics when relocation is involved
What Is In the Best interests of Your Child?
In the state of Maryland, there is no exact list of factors that determine custody, but rather the “totality of circumstances” that might influence the child’s well being.
Factors that may be evaluated in a child custody case in Maryland include, but are not limited to:
- The child’s age, their existing relationship with both parents and their wishes.
- The parent’s ability and willingness to foster a loving, healthy environment and relationship with the child.
- History of child, neglect or other extenuating circumstances
- Financial stability of the parent
Take the Next Step with a Free Consultation
Separation or divorce is never easy. If you are in need of representation to help you settle disputes over child custody, call us today for a FREE consultation.